Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Seriously!

How many times does this have to happen before someone realizes that using a real gun onstage is fucking stupid?
Photobucket
The above picture shows a prop gun. With blanks. Pretty damn real-looking, no? So why use the real deal?

Also, how does someone agree to have a real gun pointed at them on stage?
Here's how that conversation would go with me:

Director: So here's your prop gun. It's real, so be careful. Oh, also, there are fucking bullets in it. Yes, that's right- I'm a fucktard. By the way, here's Tom, the pimply teenager who'll be aiming this at your fucking face.

Me: "......." (silently turning, walking to door, leaving, never coming back)

No comments:

Facebook

Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Share Share

The Genie Police:

Max Weight 300 Lbs

Max Weight 300 Lbs

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Tired. Caffeinated. Quietly evil.

I'm a theatre technician, living and working in NYC. Also an aspiring costumer, makeup artist, playwright and dilettante.
I like to rant about things, I swear like a person who swears a lot, and I work too much. Other than that, my time is spent at home with the puppy or in Chelsea bars with friends and co-workers.