Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wanna be a Roadie?

Is theatre not the gig for you? Too tame? Too gay?
Always dreamed of living in a smelly tour bus with six burly dudes, tweaking guitar strings pre-show and setting up drum kits? Here are a few helpful sites.

Road Crews Jobs
Roadie Jobs
Roadie.net

By the way, if you've never read Iggy Pop's tour rider, now is the time. You won't be disappointed.

An excerpt: "We had a lighting designer once, but he went mad so we shot him. It was the kindest thing. Now he's a light of a different kind, one of God's little gobos in dimmer heaven."

Photobucket

No comments:

Facebook

Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Share Share

The Genie Police:

Max Weight 300 Lbs

Max Weight 300 Lbs

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Tired. Caffeinated. Quietly evil.

I'm a theatre technician, living and working in NYC. Also an aspiring costumer, makeup artist, playwright and dilettante.
I like to rant about things, I swear like a person who swears a lot, and I work too much. Other than that, my time is spent at home with the puppy or in Chelsea bars with friends and co-workers.