Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hatred #901

We have an abundance of Altman endcaps at the theatre which do not work. Upon taking apart the connectors, all seems well with the world: correct wiring, no corroded copper, nothing crispy. Tracing the entire tail, having removed the sleeve, there are no crimps in the wires, or breaks. The ground is tacked in place where it should be. Which brings me to the inside of the cap, where the lamp housing lives. WHY must the wires be stuck under a riveted housing? Even if I DO manage to get that apart and repair the wiring, I will never get it back together, because I own neither a riveter nor the will to survive after repairing 15-some-odd endcaps.

Photobucket

No comments:

Facebook

Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Share Share

The Genie Police:

Max Weight 300 Lbs

Max Weight 300 Lbs

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
Tired. Caffeinated. Quietly evil.

I'm a theatre technician, living and working in NYC. Also an aspiring costumer, makeup artist, playwright and dilettante.
I like to rant about things, I swear like a person who swears a lot, and I work too much. Other than that, my time is spent at home with the puppy or in Chelsea bars with friends and co-workers.